Dear Dutch Families,
As we inch closer to August, we want to provide a couple of updates that may be valuable to you:
No final decision has been made regarding our opening model. We are still in the data collection phase, trying to better understand every option and how each impacts SMASD families. Face-to-face, full virtual, and hybrid models are all very much still on the table.
Alternative models are highly dependent upon the local and state COVID-19 context, guidelines, and orders. We are considering all very carefully.
The initial plan will be board approved on August 10, 2020. No plan will be final until then. Our final district-approved plan will be fluid and flexible as we need to be able to adjust to the demands thrown at us by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Your leadership team is working hard to make decisions that reflect a commitment to maintaining an appropriate standard of care while providing a world-class education.
Thank you and Stay Healthy!
Dr. Toth and Mr. Ramsey